Critical Elements Lithium Corporation – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Critical Elements aspires to become a large, responsible supplier of lithium to the flourishing electric vehicle and energy storage system industries. To this end, Critical Elements is advancing the wholly owned, high purity Rose lithium project in Quebec. Rose is the Corporation’s first lithium project to be advanced within a land portfolio of over 700 square kilometers. In 2017, the Corporation completed a feasibility study on Rose for the production of spodumene concentrate. The internal rate of return for the Project is estimated at 34.9% after tax, with a net present value estimated at C$726 million at an 8% discount rate. In the Corporation’s view, Quebec is strategically well-positioned for US and EU markets and boasts good infrastructure including a low-cost, low-carbon power grid featuring 93% hydroelectricity. The project has received approval from the Federal Minister of Environment and Climate Change on the recommendation of the Joint Assessment Committee, comprised of representatives from the Impact Assessment Agency of Canada and the Cree Nation Government; The Corporation is working to obtain similar approval under the Quebec environmental assessment process. The Corporation also has a good, formalized relationship with the Cree Nation.
Market competitive and experience dependent, includes bonus scheme and stock-based compensation elements.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible to plan, direct and supervise exploration and geological activities in a cost-effective, safe, environmentally and socially sound manner in coordination with the exploration team in the field. Ensure the preparation and compliance with the approved exploration budget.
The individual will be part of the technical team, providing mining technical leadership and knowledge to the company in the following areas:
- Manage the exploration programs through technical assistance, mentoring, technical leadership
- Mineral resource estimation
- Assist with and contribute to corporate development, strategy and reporting needs
- University degree in Geology or Geological Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer in Quebec
- Strong and varied experience (large to small company and consulting) with more than 10 years in the industry, preferably including head office and field exploration roles
- Must be dynamic, self-motivated and demonstrate a determination to excel and commitment to action and be able to transfer these attributes to company’s business activities
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to write reports and
- interact with peers and executive team
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
- Understand and can perform mineral resource, including cash-flow models, and comparative analyses
- Sound understanding of resource modeling, mine design processes, software, and tradeoff studies
- Capacity to perform resources modeling work, and direct and guide others
- Experience with technical studies, project development and project start-up experience
- Familiar with the NI 43-101 obligations
- Equally comfortable in the boardroom and at the exploration site
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and creative
- English/French required
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.